It was easy to forget that things always take longer with a newborn around. I am super excited to say that I finally finished Sulian's room! This was by far the room that I had the hardest time with - maybe because I changed my mind so many times about the theme, colors, accessories, etc. It just needed to be perfect. I couldn't be happier with how it turned out! Thanks Jen for all of your help with it!
It's lovely! Do you mid sharing where you got the glider? I've been looking for one just like it!
ReplyDeleteThank you! No, I don't mind. It is the Monte Luca glider in tan with white piping. You can find it at a lot of modern stores. I bought mine at www.2modern.com but you can also buy it from minijake.com and albeebaby.com amongst many others. I strongly suggest you sit in it prior to purchasing. It is firm and fits my body just fine but my husband can't seem to get comfortable in it.
ReplyDeleteI pretty much purchase everything online but you're right, a chair you spend that much time in needs to be tested out in person. Thank you for the info and advice!
ReplyDeleteThis is beautiful, I clicked over here after seeing it on Spearmint Baby. I am in the process of decorating my own nursery and would love to know where you got your mobile and giant letters!
ReplyDeleteHello! I bought the letters through www.kidswoodworks.com. They can do them in any font though not obvious from the website. Ours are in bank gothic font. If you email them, they're incredibly helpful. I actually spent hours on the internet trying to find a mobile I liked but had no luck so I made my own. I am not crafty at all but I found a tutorial online and used it as a guide. It was super easy to make but just took a long time. Let me know if you're interested and I'll send you the link and the butterfly stencil I free-handed.
ReplyDeleteWhere did you find your crib bedding? I love it.
ReplyDeleteThe crib bumper is sold on etsy. Love, love the fabric! Very cool pattern! The woman who makes them (Jayna) is very sweet and accomodating - she sent me fabric samples and extra fabric so that I could cover the "G" on the wall. She has been very busy and it normally takes up to 4 months to receive one's order. She can put a rush on it for an extra $50, which I did and it took 6 weeks.
ReplyDeleteorange pattern crib bumper: www.etsy.com/listing/56183253/custom-crib-bedding-set-garden-trellis
white crib skirt: www.babybedding.com/white-pique-box-pleat-crib-skirt
Crib sheet: www.babybedding.com/white-pimatex-crib-sheet
The crib skirt and sheet from baby bedding is super high quality by the way. Hope this helps!
I love this nursery. Very beautiful! I would love to know where you purchased the crib and the little bookcase.
ReplyDeleteHi there! I stumbled upon this today and I too LOVE the mobile!! I'm having a really tough time too and would like to try making my own. Would you mind sharing the link to the tutorial?
ReplyDeleteAdriane
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteHere is the link on how to make the butterfly mobile: http://projectnursery.com/2010/01/butterfly-mobile/
ReplyDeleteI didn't follow the guide completely. Here are the changes I made: 1) I didn't like how noticeable the embroidery hoop was so instead I bought the wiring for a wreath (purchased at Michael's) and painted it the same color as the background wall. Because of the way the wreath is made, I didn't need the balsa wood. 2) I only ended up with 5 strands 3) I used crimping beads to hold the butterflies in place. 4) I didn't glue butterflies to the outside of the ring.
I used a total of 24 butterflies and made my own stencil. Send me your email if you'd like for me to email you the butterfly stencil.
I bought the orange bookcase many years ago (was in my 5 year old's room) through Design Within Reach. They still sell it: http://www.dwr.com/product/cubitec-shelving-10.do?keyword=cubitec&sortby=ourPicks
ReplyDeleteI didn't find this out until after we had purchased ours through the store - they many times have them for a very discounted price at their Annex locations (outlets). The crib is sold at many modern kid stores - minijake.com, designpublic.com, 2modern.com. It is the Oeuf Sparrow Crib.
Thank you so much for posting the link. I am in the same place searching and searching the internet for letters and mobiles and having no luck. You've been a huge help!!
ReplyDeletePatty,
ReplyDeleteAs always, you do things with style and class! Love the nursery. Hope to see you, Jeff, and the girls soon.
Gorgeous! Since you have given up almost all of your sources, would you mind telling us where you got the change table? Great room!!
ReplyDeleteThe changing table is from minijake.com but can also be purchased through 2modern.com, designpublic.com, and other modern kid stores. It is from Oeuf, Sparrow collection.
ReplyDelete